This is an example of a CV that would be suitable for students applying for their first work experience placement.
This CV has been tailored to fit an application for a placement with Sunshine Travel Agencies, a fictional travel agency firm providing work experience for students aged 14-19.
10 Main Street
123 07777 888 999
I am a hard-working and reliable student, currently working towards my GCSEs, which I will take at the end of next year. I am particularly interested in languages and the humanities. I am currently looking to gain some office experience to help me understand what I would like to do in my career.
- Communication - I have often been asked to tour prospective parents around my school and am used to give class presentations. I am unafraid of speaking to new people or large groups of people.
- Team Work - I am in two school sports teams. This has taught me how to get along with others, how to take orders and direction and how to use the support of those around me.
- Organisation and Time Management - Having to balance my school work with sporting commitments has taught me to be organised and to make the best use of my time.
- Language Skills - I am highly proficient in French, I took my GCSE two years early, and I have a conversational level of Spanish.
- Numeracy Skills - I am confident in maths.
- ICT Skills - I have a good understanding of all Microsoft Office packages and I can confidently use all major social media platforms.
Queen Elizabeth School 2011-2015
GCSE - French A* 2014
St John’s Primary School 2005-2011
- Sports - I play in the school hockey and football teams. I also enjoy running and swimming.
- Travel - I am half French so I visit France many times a year. This has awoken a real interest in foreign travel, I love exploring new countries and finding out about their cultures.
- Cookery - I love cooking dishes from around the world and recently won my school’s “Come Dine With Me” competition.
References available upon request.