This is an example of a CV for students aged 16 or over. It could be used for applications to weekend and holiday jobs or work experience and internships.
This particular example is tailored to a part-time job at a high street retailer.
10 Main Street
I completed my GCSEs last year and am currently looking for a weekend job, while I work towards my A Levels. I am hard working, reliable and organised and I love working in jobs with a high level of social interaction. I love fashion and clothes and have run a blog for the last year.
Queen Elizabeth School 2008-2015
Maths A, English B, English Lit B, Physics B, Chemistry C, Biology B, French C, History C, Media A, Theatre Studies A.
St John’s Primary School 2002-2008
- Communication - I learnt to communicate doing presentations and plays at school. I honed these skills while doing work experience at a call centre.
- Organisation - Theatre took up a lot of my time at school, I had to be very organised to juggle this with my school work.
- Teamwork - Being in plays, I had to get on well with other people. I also learnt this while working in the call centre.
- Numeracy Skills - I am very confident in maths, I received an A in GCSE.
- ICT Skills - I have a good understanding of all Microsoft Office packages and I can confidently use all major social media platforms including Wordpress.
UK Call Centre June 2015
In this role I answered calls from customers experiencing difficulties and put them through to the correct team. I also shadowed more senior members of staff and sat in on their calls. This job taught me the importance of excellent customer service.
- Theatre - I love drama and I have been involved in all of my school’s plays.
- Fashion/Blogging - I am really interested in fashion and I started a fashion blog last year. So far I have amassed 50 followers.
References available on request.