Find a University
Search for your ideal University
Finding a University
This page enables you to search for a career based on criteria, including:
- Search text for the University name that you are interested in.
- Subject text that you are interested in studying, offered by the universities.
- The region you would like the University to be in, anywhere in the United Kingdom, e.g. South East, North West, Northern Ireland, Scotland etc.
- The type of University you would like to study at, e.g. Russell Group, Civic, Campus etc.
- The tariff range you expect to achieve through your A-level or equivalent.
You can search using some or all of these criteria. The results are limited, if your search produces alot of hits then you will only see the top results. You can refine your search criteria to reduce the number of hits. Use the Reset button to restart your search criteria. Use the Search button to initiate your search. Your search criteria are retained by the system during your search, so reset is needed to clear this if you wish to restart.
You can then learn more about a University by clicking on the related item. You may have to refine your search if there is no content.
The textual fields for the name and subject can be subtext; that is part of the title you are looking for. The text is processed by seeing if it is contained within the title rather than checking if they are identical. The analysis is independant of case so you can use UPPER or lower case as you prefer.
This page enables you to search for a University in accordance with the criteria that you select. Click here if you would like to know more.
University Data Source
Eluceo uses employment information from government sources to support the iShine application, this includes:
- Data from LMI for ALL, an open data project, supporting the wider government agenda to encourage use and re-use of government data sets. It contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
- Data from O*NET OnLine by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA. Eluceo has adapted some of this information to meet the UK specific roles.
- Data from the National Careers Service under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Eluceo uses the iShine data sources for detailing universities. iShine data is based on information from government sources; click here for more details.