It is proven that a healthy workforce can improve productivity and staff morale, as well as reducing sick pay costs and work-related ill health. Therefore, the Level 2 Certificate in Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition is designed to equip learners with an understanding of diets, the role of nutrition in exercise and personal motivation. The course is aimed at anyone looking to improve their knowledge around health and fitness for either personal or professional development.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Understand the concepts of health and well-being
- Understand factors that could have a negative impact on health and well-being
- Understand factors affecting personal motivation
- Understand basic anatomy and physiology
- Understand diet and nutrition for exercise
- Understand energy requirements for exercise
- Understand fluid replacement for exercise
- Understand the importance of exercising safely
- Know how to measure personal fitness levels
- Know how to follow an appropriate personal programme of exercise and nutrition
- Know how to evaluate the personal programme of exercise and nutrition
Each unit contains activities and assessments designed to cover the specific learning outcomes.