Approximately 15% of people are affected by Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs) including dyslexia, dyscalculia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD). As these SpLDs are so prevalent throughout society, developing our understanding is increasingly important.
This qualification explores a range of SpLDs and their characteristics to help you identify the differences. Throughout this course, you will develop your understanding of the positive aspects and strengths of individuals with SpLDs in addition to exploring the effects of their SpLD and barriers they may face.
You will learn how to provide support for individuals with SpLDs with a focus on the individual themselves and their own unique needs, alongside gaining an understanding of the process of formal diagnosis of SpLDs.
This course is ideal for anyone who works with individuals with SpLDs, or if you would like to increase your understanding to support a member of your family who has an SpLD.
The course is split into manageable units.
- Unit 1: Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 2: Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 3: Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 4: Understanding Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 5: Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties
Each unit contains activities and assessments designed to cover the specific learning outcomes.