Mental Health problems affect around 1 in 10 children and young people. These issues include depression, anxiety and conduct disorder and can often be a direct response to occurrences in their lives.
Emotional wellbeing is just as important as a child’s mental health; therefore it is important for those working with children and young people to have a good understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health.
- Unit 1 – Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
- Unit 2 – Understand Factors which may Affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Unit 3 – Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Unit 4 – Understand the Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Unit 5 – Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns
Each unit contains activities and assessments designed to cover the specific learning outcomes.