Coordinate activities of staff, convention personnel, or clients to make arrangements for group meetings, events, or conventions.
You might work for an events management company or an individual venue, such as an exhibition centre or hotel.
- Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events, such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Review event bills for accuracy and approve payment.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
- Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Customer relationship management CRM software: e.g. Blackbaud The Raiser's Edge, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle Eloqua
- Data base user interface and query software: e.g. Data entry software, Dean Evans & Associates EMS Professional, Microsoft Access, NSF Hospitality Rendezvous Events
- Desktop publishing software: e.g. Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher
- Electronic mail software: e.g. Google Gmail, IBM Notes, Linux-based email software, Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo! Email
- Graphics or photo imaging software: e.g. Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop, SmugMug Flickr, Trimble SketchUp Pro
- Project management software: e.g. Active Network EventRegister, Convention Industry Council CIC APEX Toolbox, Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- 72,919 events managers are employed in the UK.
- New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
- 9 to 5
- Throughout the UK
Compare with the paid time worked by full-time employees in the UK.
Compare with the pay, excluding overtime, for full-time employees across the UK.
Route to Employment
Most entrants are usually graduates. A degree in marketing, event management, business, hospitality or public relations might be useful. Another route is to start as an admin assistant in a marketing or public relations department and work your way up through training and promotion.
Popular Degree Subjects
The most common degree subjects to be a Events Manager
Work Styles Needed
Work Styles Key: